Northern Horizon is an independent real asset manager in Northern Europe. We manage over EUR 1billion in assets. The asset portfolio consists of 85 properties with a total footprint of 347,500 m².
Currently, Northern Horizon manages 4 real estate funds. We also manage separate accounts for institutional investor clients.
Our investors are some of the leading financial institutions and private wealth capital including pension funds, insurance companies, banks, asset managers, corporate investors, charity foundations and family offices.
We are a team of approximately 40. The team has an equal representation of women and men.
Our investment teams are based across our 6 offices in Helsinki, Copenhagen, Stockholm, Tallinn, Vilnius and Berlin.
Founded in 2001, the company is legally domiciled in Copenhagen and is owned by the founder, the management and Evli Bank.
What we do
Expanding the horizon
Northern Horizon is a real asset manager offering diversification through specialized investment strategies. As managers, we create value by recognizing unique opportunities early and executing niche strategies by offering experienced insight and vertical depth to our management services. By integrating fund, asset and property management, and leveraging our extensive capital markets network, we aim to deliver an attractive, diversified investment return.
Diversification through innovation
Our approach to real asset investments is highly selective, valuing innovative opportunities over traditional targets. We are pioneers in our field and as such we provide our investors access to special markets and attractive geographies not included in the mainstream. As innovators, we went into the Baltics when the markets were only beginning to develop and more recently we were the first managers in the Nordics to invest into healthcare assets. Our approach has built a solid track record of successful investments spanning twenty years.
Risk management through experience and presence
Focusing on specific locations and asset classes allows us to excel in our business. It also helps us actively manage risks through our experienced team and local presence. Northern Horizon employs a wide range of specialists from the financial, legal and technical fields making us capable of handling a wide range of asset management challenges. Our track record includes anything from forward funding, club deals, optimised financing structures, extensive re-tenanting to large-scale refurbishment projects. A key part of our philosophy is also to be present where the investments are being made. By being close to the market, we gain access to off-market opportunities and tenant insights which allow us to optimize our strategy and effectively manage risks on a daily basis.
How we deliver value
Consisting of experienced executives as well as future talent, together our team members have decades of experience in the real estate sector in our chosen geographies.
Focusing on specific locations and asset classes not only allows us to excel in our business but also helps us actively manage risks through our experienced team and local presence.
We deliver through service integration – fund, asset and property management – and our extensive capital markets network.
We have a solid track record of successful asset disposals and complete fund exits.
Covering both asset classes and geographies, we have 20 years of experience as innovators. A key value driver is our extensive cross-border network among developers, operators, municipalities and banks.
Northern Horizon is an active and committed member of a number of professional bodies and standards.
Northern Horizon Capital is committed to delivering attractive, risk/adjusted investment returns to our investors. The cornerstones of Northern Horizon’s investment approach are:
- Northern Horizon pursues niche investment strategies in the northern European countries, in particular those countries surrounding the Baltic Sea
- Through its various funds and mandates, Northern Horizon targets specific asset classes in healthcare and commercial property
- The investment scope is prime property, strategically well-located in the selected cities/geographical areas
- Assets are leased to strong, reliable tenants on long term leases to ensure cash flow stability and predictable returns
- As a member of INREV, SIPA and GRESB, as well as a signatory of the United Nations-supported Principles for Responsible Investment, Northern Horizon has introduced ESG measures as part of its selection process
As an international asset manager Northern Horizon Capital is dedicated to good corporate governance principles. All our funds have independent boards and we strive to have a transparent, fair and professional dialogue with our investors.
All our investments are guided by the following principles:
- We only invest in properties where our investors can expect a steady income stream and have a good chance of a medium-term capital gain.
- We are actively focusing on minimizing and managing any potential downside risks while protecting the full upside potential of our investments.
- We will refuse any investment opportunity which challenges our integrity or is in conflict with our mission statement and core values.
- Each individual property is assessed upon acquisition as well as on an annual basis by independent valuators in compliance with the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and local valuation methods.
- We are also committed to taking responsibility when conducting our business by integrating environmental, social and governance (“ESG”) factors into our investment decisions and operational processes. Find more about our Responsible Investment Policy.
Reporting is made in accordance with INREV Reporting Guidelines.
Northern Horizon is an exciting place to start or grow your career. If you are interested in joining our team and we do not have a suitable role available at present, please send an open application to email@example.com. We will contact you in case we have an available position matching your background and interests.
Voice your concern
To provide feedback directly to management click “Learn more”.